Thursday, September 3, 2009

cloth diaper cover tip

We use the traditional tri-fold cloth inserts and started out using the diaper covers sold by the service but while those only cost $8 they are made of polyester and we decided to get the organic cotton covers lined with a waterproof natural coating. They are softer, effective and better for our baby and the environment but they cost $13 each and you need to have 6 at any given time and since they only last for about 5 lbs of growth, they need to be replaced every 8-10 weeks so as a trick to keep 6 covers without having to buy 6 of each size I keep 3 smalls and 3 mediums that way I have extras if my 3 that fit well happen to be dirty I have the mediums which are kinda big but not huge, on hand. When she fits perfectly into the mediums I will buy 3 large covers and so on. So I am saving myself from having to buy 6 of each size but I maintain the convenience of having 6 covers on hand. Next I plan to post instructions and pictures of the folding method I mentioned in the first cloth diaper post. It has prevented leaking so well that most days I am able to use the same cover all day and if one does leak from a huge blowout I rarely have to use any of the medium size and can easily function with just the 3 smalls but it is nice to know that I already have the next size waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment