Wednesday, September 2, 2009

vaccinations

I am really torn about this topic, been reading a lot and I really want to trust my gut and not give her any vaccinations until she is 2, which is what they do in Japan, as children's brains are developing so much in the first 2 years of life that it is considered bad to inject them with vacs that contain preservatives and trace metals. It's such a small body I can't imagine that it could possibly be safe to inject 6-7 vacs into her every 8 weeks as recommended by the CDC. Also I have learned that the main reason the CDC recommends so many shots in the first 2 years of life is because low income, uneducated american masses are more likely to take their children to the doctor in the first 2 years of life than any other time and this is how the CDC ensures that all vacs are given, they don't trust us as parents to bring our children in on time so they pump as many shots into them as they can starting on day 1. On the day of birth the Hep B vac is given because they don't trust that the mother hasn't obtained a new STD during pregnancy so they vaccinate the innocent child. I can't help but feel that our vac schedule is really just lawsuit prevention for the docs. I want to design my own schedule that I feel is right for my child and I want to be trusted to take the best care of her.

1 comment:

  1. I shared your concerns too and I'm in the health care field (PA). I chose to split up the shots so she didn't get too many at once ( I wouldn't want to have 4 shots in one day myself). As for the MMR....I waited until she was 2 1/2. I was really worried about this one and she was so moody for a week but all is fine now. Love the Blog! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete