Wednesday, September 2, 2009

cloth diapers

So we started with the diaper service which was wonderful. We decided to plan a trip to Kentucky to visit family and this prompted me to buy some of our own cloth inserts for travel. This in turn inspired me to cancel the service and wash them myself and save our family the $80/ month the diaper service was charging. I also stopped using the tri-fold method for the inserts and learned to put them around the baby and secure them with something called a snappie, our local birth and beyond store in seattle can show you how to do this and it is worth the effort to learn. No more leaking diapers!!!! Our baby is now almost 4 months old and I am proud to say she still has not worn a disposable diaper. it's worth the effort for the rewarding responsible feeling you get knowing that you aren't contributing to the mass of diapers rotting in landfills, your baby isn't an environmental hazard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment